Couple Communication on Sex Scale
To measure the extent of sexual communication within couples
Type(s) of Behavior Predicted
Women’s empowerment to decide when to have sex or refuse sex
Types of Items Included
- Communication with partners about when to have sex
- Opinions regarding sexual desires
- Level of comfort in talking about sexual relationships with partners
Number of Items and Subscales
- Can you communicate with your partner about when to have intercourse?
- Can your partner communicate with you about when to have intercourse?
- Does your partner take into account your opinion regarding your sexual desires?
- Do you feel comfortable talking with your partner about your sexual relationship?
- Each item was scored on a 3-point scale: 1 = never; 2 = sometimes; 3 = always.
- Scores were summed with a summated range between 4 and 12.
Psychometrics Used in Scale Construction
Estimates of internal consistency (Cronbach's alpha):
- Women's pretest: alpha = .61
- Women's post-test: alpha = .65
- Men's post-test: alpha = .58
Used with Women
Used with Men
Country or Countries Where Tested or Applied
- Leon, F, R Lundgren, and C Vasquez. Couple communication on sex scale. Institute for Reproductive Health, Georgetown University. Draft manuscript.
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...